A simple question: what should I do today?
As a leader, you have extraordinary discretion in how you invest your time. The fact that you can largely decide what to do, or not, presents a powerful opportunity. But this opportunity, lest it be squandered, requires careful consideration:
- How should I shape, or reinforce, our culture today?
- How should I set, or reinforce, our direction today?
- Where can I make the most impact on our progress today?
And that leads to yet deeper self-examination:
- Do I clearly know what matters most?
- Do I have a good grasp of its status?
- Am I self-aware enough to know how I fit into the picture, to know what contribution the organization most needs from me?
- Do I have the self-discipline to act according to priorities and not whims?
So... what should you do today?